I think of myself as a fairly simple minded person and especially so when it comes to reading and the art of writing. Reading, well I enjoy nonfiction books the most. If I take time to read I want to learn about someone or how to do something new or better. Writing, well I'm married to an amazingly creative writer; links are noted on this page. For me though, I have kept a journal off and on since high school. There is just something about emptying various thoughts and concerns at the end of day that I find very helpful.
I just never realized how much technology had changed this thought recording process until my wife starting telling me about all of her friends Blogs. So I thought I better look into this as it sounded much like the paper journal I keep now, but with a coolness about it. Maybe its something I could do during my travels making sure to keep the content fun.
I started my research into this new craze with Webster. I wanted to confirm my initial understanding of what "Blog" and "Journal" really meant. My finding are below;
1) Main Entry: blog Pronunciation: 'blog, 'blägFunction: nounEtymology: short for Weblog: a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer - blog·ger noun - blog·ging noun
2) Main Entry: jour·nal Pronunciation: 'j&r-n&lFunction: nounEtymology: Middle English, service book containing the day hours, from Anglo-French jurnal, from jurnal, adjective, daily, from Latin diurnalis, from diurnus of the day, from dies day -- more at DEITY1 a : a record of current transactions; especially : a book of original entry in double-entry bookkeeping b : an account of day-to-day events c : a record of experiences, ideas, or reflections kept regularly for private use
As mentioned earlier, a Blog is just a journal with an "Apple user like" coolness about it that can be shared across the web. I'm not a writer as mentioned before, but I can journal and just might have to make an attempt to update this Blog as time permits.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Did you really start this in June 2007? I was just thinking that you should really start a blog. Your whole family loves commenting on your China photos so much, it would give them a great forum.
As always, I can't tell if you are kidding, teasing me, trying to outdo me, or if maybe you are serious about joining me in the world of blogging. Whatever the case, "I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!"
Post a Comment